In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
These gingerbread cookies are made with a delicious orange hazelnut butter created in the NutraMilk for deliciously unique flavor, perfect for the winter holidays! Give this recipe a try!
- ¼ cup orange flavored hazelnut butter or any other nut butter made with the NutraMilk
- ¼ cup butter, softened (you can sub for vegan butter)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg (you can sub for flax egg)
- 3 tbsp. molasses
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free flour blend
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ginger
- ¼ tsp. all-spice
- ¼ tsp. salt
For the icing
- 2 tbsp. vegan butter room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar sifted
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp. almond milk
- red sprinkles to decorate
- Start by making orange hazelnut butter, check out instructions here. You can also use any other nut butter you like. Simple almond butter works great.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter, nut butter, and brown sugar.
- Add the egg and molasses and beat until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients (flour through spices) and mix until just combined.
- Roll the dough into a large ball, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least two hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to a ¼-inch thickness.
- Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters.
- Place the cookies 1 inch apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool completely.
- For the icing, beat the butter using a handheld mixer. Add in the powdered sugar and mix until well combined. Add in the vanilla extract and 1 tablespoon of almond milk and continue mixing until smooth. Only add in the second tablespoon of almond milk if your icing is not pliable. Transfer half of the icing to a piping bag or plastic zip bag and cut a small piece of the corner to create a tip. Decorate cookies with icing and sprinkles. Place them in the fridge for 30 minutes until the icing hardens- Enjoy!
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Justins.