In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
One of my favorite desserts is cheesecake! It´s such a versatile dessert as it can be plant-based like this recipe; you can make so many different flavors depending on your preference and occasion, you can make bars, bites or a big cake and it´s so easy to whip up and bring to any potluck. For the end of the year, gingerbread season check out this absolutely delicious recipe. Thanks to the NutraMilk this is super easy to whip up! Enjoy!
For the crust
- 1 cup (150 grams) pitted Medjool dates
- 1½ cups almonds
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
For gingerbread cheesecake
- 2 cups (284 grams) unsalted raw cashews
- ½ cup (120 grams) full-fat coconut milk, shaken together in the can to incorporate the cream + coconut water
- ⅓ cup (113 grams) pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup (56 grams) refined coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 3 tablespoons (63 grams) unsulphured molasses
- ½ teaspoon (1.5 grams) lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons (30 grams) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon (13 grams) vanilla extract
- 1½ teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Garnish: ground cinnamon, grated fresh nutmeg, and pecan halves, if desire
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, and lightly grease with coconut oil.
- In the NutraMilk place dates, almonds, ground ginger, cinnamon, and salt- process until a sticky dough begins to forms, with small almond bits remaining. (Do not over process or the dough will become oily.)
- Press dough into the bottom of prepared pan.
- In the NutraMilk, combine cashews, coconut milk, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, molasses, lemon zest and juice, vanilla, nutmeg, cloves, 1½ teaspoons ginger, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and ¼ teaspoon salt; process until mixture is silky smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust seasonings, if desired.
- Pour filling into prepared crust, smoothing top with an offset spatula. Tap pan on the counter a few times to release any air bubbles. Freeze until completely firm, at least 3 hours.
- When the cheesecake bars are set, run a knife under hot water to warm it up before cutting bars with the still-hot (dried) knife. Garnish with cinnamon, nutmeg, and almonds, if desired.
- Let thaw at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks, or freeze for up to 2 months.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Bakerita.