In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Attention all chocolate lovers- this is the cookie recipe for you. Flourless, dairy-free, chocolaty, sweet, soft and chewy with the perfect hint of peppermint to get into the holiday spirit. Dipped into white chocolate and decorated with crushed candy cane. Enjoy!
Check out all the healthy nutrients that fresh almond butter made in the NutraMilk provides.
- 1 cup creamy almond butter made with the Nutramilk
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 eggs (replace for 2 flax eggs if vegan)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips (optional)
- ½ cup dairy-free white chocolate for topping
- crushed candy canes
For almond butter
- 2 cups (300g) almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Making almond butter
- Place almond and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 12-13 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the almond butter, coconut sugar, eggs and peppermint extract, making sure to break up all of the lumps from the almond butter.
- Add in your cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and stir until its fully incorporated.
- Fold in your chocolate chips and mix well.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop out 2 tbsp worth of dough onto the baking sheet, placing them about 1″ apart from one another. I use a 2 tbsp cookie scooper.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes. Remover from oven and give the pan 2 taps on the counter to flatten. Let the cookies cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Melt white chocolate in microwave or double broiler and dip half of the cookies in white chocolate, sprinkle with crushed candy canes and let cool until firm.
- Keep stored in a ziplock bag, or air-tight container for up to 1 week.
Notes: This recipe can be adapted for paleo/keto diet followers- replace sugar with an approved sweetener such a as swerve and make sure chocolate used is paleo approved.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Something Nutritious.