In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe by Minimalist Baker.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup coconut cream (make sure you use the hardened portion at the top of full-fat coconut milk)
- 2 tbsp. arrowroot or cornstarch
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (approx. 2 large lemons)
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (plus more to taste)
- 2 tbsp. organic powdered sugar (optional - for topping)
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 4-5 tbsp. coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C) and line an 8x8 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Add oats, almonds, sea salt, and coconut sugar to the NutraMilk container and press Mix cycle for one minute, until a fine meal is achieved.
- Transfer to a medium mixing bowl and add maple syrup and melted coconut oil, starting with 4 tbsp., adding more if it's too dry. Stir with a spoon to combine until a loose dough is formed. You should be able to squeeze the mixture between two fingers and form a dough instead of it crumbling. If too dry, add a bit more melted coconut oil.
- Transfer mixture to parchment-lined baking pan and spread evenly. Then place parchment paper on top and use a flat-bottomed object, such as a drinking glass, to press down firmly until it’s evenly distributed and well packed.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then increase heat to 375 F (190 C) and bake for 5-8 minutes more, or until the edges are golden brown and there is some browning on the surface. Remove from oven to cool slightly, then reduce oven heat to 350 degrees F (176 C).
- Place cashews in the NutraMilk container and press Butter Cycle for approximately 4 minutes, until cashew butter is made.
- Add coconut cream, arrowroot starch, lemon juice, lemon zest, sea salt, and maple syrup to the NutraMilk container and press Mix Cycle, until very creamy and smooth.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed. You can add more lemon zest and/or maple syrup. It should be very lemony, and not overly sweet.
- Pour filling over the pre-baked crust and spread into an even layer. Tap on counter to remove any air bubbles.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes or until the edges look very slightly dry and the center appears “jiggly” but not liquidy.
- Let rest for 10 minutes, then transfer to refrigerator to let cool completely (uncovered) - at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- To serve, slice and sift with powdered sugar (optional). Store leftovers in the refrigerator, covered, up to 4 days, though best within the first 2 days. Enjoy!