In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
It´s Christmas season and we love to get in the spirit in any way we can, specially with recipes.
Check out this adorable recipe idea of xmas tree brownies. This brownie recipe is to die for! Made with fresh almond milk and almond butter created in the NutraMilk. Its very rich so you can make small xmas trees for the perfect heavenly treat! Happy Holidays!
- 1½ tbsp. ground flaxseed
- ½ cup almond butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1½ cups coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup unsweetened almond milk (or any plant-based milk made with the NutraMilk)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips or chopped chocolate of choice
For almond butter
- 2 cups (300g) almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- candy canes
- frosting of choice
- sprinkles of choice
- Making almond butter
- Place almond and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 12-13 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8×8-inch baking dish with nonstick spray and line with parchment paper, leaving several inches hanging over the sides for easy removal.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flaxseed and 3 tablespoons water. Let sit for at least 5 minutes.
- Beat coconut sugar and almond butter together until smooth and the sugar is mostly dissolved.
- Whisk in the milk, flax egg and vanilla.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Mix with a spatula or wooden spoon until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared baking dish and spread into an even layer with a spatula.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick in the center comes out mostly clean. Remove from the oven and cool for at least 10 minutes in the pan, then use the parchment paper to lift the brownies out of the pan to a cooling rack.
- Cool fully before slicing into triangles.
- Decorate with icing and sprinkles or any decor you like. Enjoy!
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Simply Quinoa.