In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by CookingLight.
For almond butter
- 2 cups (300g) almonds
- 1 quart (946ml) water
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
For energy bites
- 1/2 cup whole hazelnuts
- 12 whole Medjool dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 2/3 cup almond butter or any other nut butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread nuts on a small rimmed baking sheet. Bake until lightly toasted, about 10 minutes, stirring once. Cool 10 minutes. Rub off skins. Reserve 20 hazelnuts. Pulse remaining hazelnuts in a food processor until finely chopped and set aside.
- Make almond butter (or other nut butter of choice) if you don´t already have a batch made.
- Place almonds and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 12-13 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Leave 2/3 cup of nut butter in the container and take out the rest to store for later use.
- Add cocoa, 2 tablespoons water, vanilla, and salt in the NutraMilk container process until well combined (butter cycle for approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Turn mixture out into a bowl; divide into 20 equal portions. Roll each portion around 1 whole hazelnut to form a ball.
- Roll each brownie ball in chopped hazelnuts to coat. Chill until firm, about 30 minutes.