In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Key Ingredient.
- 2 lemons
- 2 big (or 3 medium) tart apples, peeled, cored and cut in a 1/2-inch dice
- 3 tbsp. sugar or equivalent sweetener of choice, plus extra to sprinkle on top
- 1 tbsp. gluten free all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Pinch salt
- 1 package (2 sheets) frozen puff pastry, defrosted (Gluten free if you desire)
- Oil of choice
- 4 tbsp. almond butter, peanut butter or any nut butter of choice made with the NutraMilk.
For almond butter
- 2 cups (300g) almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Making almond butter
- Place almond and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 12-13 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Put the cut apples into a large bowl. Zest and juice both lemons over the apples and stir to coat.
- Add the sweetener of choice, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt to the apples and stir to combine.
- On a lightly floured surface roll each sheet of the puff pastry to a 12x12" square. Cut each sheet in half and then in half again to end up with 8 equal squares.
- Brush the edges of each square with a little bit of water. Place about 1/3 cup of the apple mixture onto half of each square, top with about 1.5 teaspoons of nut butter and fold the pastry diagonally over the apples. Seal the turnovers by pressing the edges with a fork.
- Spray the turnovers with a little bit of oil, and sprinkle with some sugar. Make 2 small slits on the tops and bake for 15-20 minutes, until brown and puffy. Enjoy!