In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Healthy oatmeal cookies! Instead of chocolate chips or raisins, we have used fresh apple to take advantage that they are in season and taste especially good. Made with almond flour, oats and fresh almond butter made in the NutraMilk. These gluten-free, vegan cookies are made with the best ingredients and taste delicious. Enjoy!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup almond butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1/4 cup butter (vegan or regular)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh apple
For almond butter
- 2 cups (300g) almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Making almond butter
- Place almond and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 12-13 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Set aside ½ cup for this recipe and store the rest for later use.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a a bowl, combine all ingredients until well mixed.
- Chop about apples until you get measure 1 cup of finely chopped, and add apple pieces to mixing bowl.
- Drop 12 heaping tablespoon-sized mounds onto a parchment-lined (or silicon-lined) cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15-16 minutes, or until edges of cookies are slightly browned.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.