In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Recipe prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
- 1 cup Almond Dulce de Leche made with the NutraMilk (recipe & ingredients here)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
For chocolate coating:
- 1 cup dark chocolate bar, chopped or chocolate chips
- 1.5 cups crisped rice cereal or other cereal of choice (I used a combination of puffed quinoa and rice cereal)
- 2 tsp of virgin coconut oil
- *(you can also make a chocolate coating with ½ cup virgin coconut oil mixed with ½ cup cocoa powder and vanilla stevia drops or liquid sweetener to taste)
- First, you want to make Dulce de Leche from Almond milk. For detailed instructions, see recipe here.
- Place Dulce de Leche and coconut oil in a medium sauce-pan over low heat and stir until coconut oil is melted and combined with Dulce de Leche.
- Line the bottom of a 4×7-inch baking dish with parchment paper and transfer Dulce de Leche mixture. Let cool and place in freezer for at least 2 hours, until firm.
- Cut Dulce de Leche filling into small bars.
- Melt the dark chocolate with the coconut oil over a double boiler.
- Once the chocolate is melted and smooth, stir in the crisped rice cereal.
- Using a dipping tool or 2 forks, dip each bar into the melted chocolate. Place the dipped bars on a silpat or parchment paper and refrigerate 10 minutes, or let cool at room temperature to set the chocolate.
- If you want the Dulce de Leche to be soft and supple - served at room temperature for best taste and texture.
- Keep Million Dollar Bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Recipe inspired by The Spruce Eats.