In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
If you are not saving your veggie scraps, you should- it´s a great way to reduce waste and for a good use. Making broth from veggie scraps is easy whether you make a raw version like this one or put a pot of water to boil. It's a great way to have broth on hand to add flavor and nutrients to any dish.
- Bag of veggie scraps*
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- salt and black pepper to taste
- herbs of choice (fresh parsley, thyme, Rosemary, bay leaves, etc.)
- 3-4 Tbsp. nutritional yeast (if you don’t have it, omit)
- 4-5 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 4-6 cups filtered water
- *You can use many left overs of veggies such as onion skins, carrot peels, kale stems, wilting herbs, flaccid celery, mushroom stems, broccoli stems, tiny garlic cloves that are too annoying to peel, etc.
- *Use your veggie scraps as the base for your broth and then add a few other ingredients for different flavors. Other examples of ingredients to add:
- Ginger, garlic, turmeric and Indian spices.
- Lemon grass, red chili, star anise, garlic, Kafir lime leaves or lime zest, soy sauce for an Asian-inspired broth.
- Place all ingredients in the NutraMilk and press ¨Mix¨ until all ingredients are finely broken down and they start to release their juice.
- Add water and press ¨Mix¨ (do not change default time) and then press ¨dispense, open spigot and fill your storage container. You can also freeze and use for recipes to add flavor and nutrients.
- You can make quick soup by cooking which ever veggies you have in your fridge in this green nourishing broth or use it to cook stews, legumes, grains and more. Enjoy!