In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk Nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe from Deliciously Ella.
This vibrantly colored and flavorful soup in incredibly nutritious and delicious. Beets are packed with health-boosting nutrients. Aside from many vitamins and minerals, they contain betaine which helps fight inflammation and nitrates which in the body get converted to nitrate oxide - helping relax and dilate your blood vessels, improving blood flow and lowering blood pressure as well as possibly boosting athletic performance.
Almond milk not only makes this soup super creamy and satisfying but adds protein, heart-healthy fats, vitamin E and many other healthy nutrients.
- 1 cup almonds (150 g) for homemade almond milk
- 5 quarts water (1.4L) for homemade almond milk
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- Olive oil
- 4 cooked beetroots, roughly chopped
- A pinch of dried chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable bouillon powder or 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 750ml almond milk made with the NutraMilk
- 1 teaspoon almond butter made with the NutraMilk
- Salt and pepper
- Handful of almonds (about 20g), toasted
- Plain yogurt (dairy or non-dairy such as coconut) to serve
- Handful of herbs to serve such as parsley, dill, or coriander sprigs (optional)
Making Almond Milk
- Start by making fresh almond milk with the NutraMilk:
- Place almonds in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 7 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid. At this point you can take out 1 teaspoon of almond butter for the recipe if you don