In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Recipe and photographs by Florencia Tagliavini, the NutraMilk nutritionist.
For the Fritters:
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- 3/4 cup gluten-free flour
- 3/4 cup plant-based milk made with the NutraMilk (I used cashew milk)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. corn meal
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp of fresh herbs such as parsley (optional for garnish)
- butter, butter alternative or oil of choice
For cashew milk
- 1 cup (150g) cashews
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
For cashew Milk
- Start by making fresh cashew milk with the NutraMilk:
- Place cashews in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid, add water and replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense.
- Press Start and open spigot to fill your storage container.
- Place grated zucchini in a colander over the sink. Sprinkle salt and let sit for 10-15 minutes to release liquid and then drain completely.
- In a bowl, add the remaining fritter ingredients and whisk until a batter is formed.
- Add zucchini once liquid has drained and mix to combine into batter.
- Heat olive oil, butter or butter alternative in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Using a 1/4 measuring cup scoop the batter and pour into piles in the hot pan, flattening with a spatula, and cook until the underside is nicely golden brown, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook on the other side, about 1-2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat and place on paper towels to drain.
- Fill the pan with as many as you can fit and repeat process for the next batch.
- Serve topped with sour cream or any dip of choice and a sprinkle of parsley to garnish.