In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Hot For Food.
Switch your mashed potatoes for a change to these smashed potatoes topped with a homemade garlic cashew butter that is deliciously creamy, sweet and savory.
As always we like to eat nourishing foods that are delicious!
Check out the health benefits of cashews here!
For smashed potatoes
- 6-7 cups fingerling potatoes (you can also use small white or red baby potatoes)
- 1 tbsp. + 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh thyme or rosemary + extra sprigs for garnish
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
For roasted garlic cashew butter
- 1/3 cup cashew butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1 garlic bulb, roasted with 1 tsp olive oil + pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
For cashew butter
- 2 cups (300g) cashews
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- To roast the garlic bulb, preheat oven to 425°F. Trim about a 1/4”off the top of the bulb to expose the cloves. Drizzle with a teaspoon of olive oil and a pinch of sea salt. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until roasted, golden brown, and soft on the inside.
- Making cashew butter
- Place cashews and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 5-6 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Leave 1/3 cup in the NutraMilk for recipe and store the rest for later use.
- Add the roasted cloves of garlic, water, coconut oil, and sea salt to the NutraMilk and mix until very smooth and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight to firm up a little bit more like a whipped butter.
- Toss whole potatoes in 1 tablespoon of olive oil, fresh thyme, sea salt, and ground black pepper. Bake in an oven preheated to 450°F for 20 minutes.
- Smash the whole potatoes with a fork or potato masher to break open the skin. Drizzle with another 2 teaspoons of olive oil and place whole thyme sprigs on top so they can crisp up as well. Bake again for another 10 to 12 minutes until crispy.
- Serve immediately with a dollop roasted garlic cashew butter on each potato.