In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
For cashew milk and butter
- 1 cup (150g) cashews
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- 2 medium heads broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1/4 cup finely ground breadcrumbs, oats, or gluten-free breadcrumb mix
- 2 tbsp. cashew butter or other nut butter of choice made with the NutraMilk
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast* (vegan option)
- 1 large egg* (optional-omit if vegan)
- salt & pepper to taste
- ⅔ cup vegan mayonnaise made with the NutraMilk
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 2-4 tbsp. water to thin (optional)
For avocado aioli:
- 1 ripe avocado
For cashew butter and milk
- Start by making fresh cashew milk with the NutraMilk:
- Place cashews in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 4-5 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid, take out 2 tbsp. for tater tots and set aside.
- Add water and replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense.
- Press Start and open spigot to fill your storage container.
- Add vegan mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice, and sea salt to the NutraMilk (you can also use a hand blender). Process until smooth. Divide aioli in half.
- Add avocado to one half and process until smooth.
- Cook broccoli until tender, but not mushy. About 5 minutes.
- Measure out 3 packed cups of the broccoli and add it to the NutraMilk. Mix for just a few seconds until mashed but do not over process. Add the minced onion, breadcrumbs, egg, cashew butter, parmesan cheese and mix until thoroughly combined. Transfer to a bowl.
- Using your hands, portion out about 2 tablespoons of the mixture and mold it into a tater tot shape. Arrange the tots on the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 1 inch apart.
- Bake the tots for about 20 minutes then flip them once and bake them an additional 10 to 15 minutes until crisp.
- Serve with simple aioli and avocado aioli as a dip. Enjoy!