In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Feasting On Fruit.
This dairy-free nice cream is easy to make at home, no ice cream machine necessary. With the NutraMilk you can make a rich pistachio butter in minutes as well as fresh almond milk which are the key ingredients for this delicious, creamy and delicate pistachio nice cream.
This recipe is vegan, paleo and keto-friendly.
- 2 1/2 cups almond milk or other plant-based milk made with the NutraMilk
- 1–2 avocados
- 1/2 cup pistachio nut butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates*
For almond milk
- 1 cup (150g) almonds
- 1 quart (946ml) water
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
For pistachio butter
- 2 cups pistachio nuts (260g)
- 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Start by making fresh almond milk with the NutraMilk:
- Place almonds in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 7 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Add water and replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense, open spigot and fill your container with almond milk.
- Next make pistachio butter
- Place pistachios and salt in the NutraMilk container
- Press Butter cycle, set for 5-6 minutes
- Press Start
- Open the container if necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Combine the almond milk, avocado, pistachio butter, medjool dates in the NutraMilk and process until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a loaf pan and freeze overnight.
- Remove from the freezer and let thaw for 10-15 minutes or until soft enough to scoop. Or if you want it SUPER creamy, break into chunks and re-blend until smooth.
- Scoop into bowls or cones. Top with chopped pistachios Enjoy!
Notes: *For keto recipe: swap dates for a keto-approved sweetener such as monk fruit sweetener.