In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Food & Wine.
For Nice cream
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and diced
- ½ cup (120ml) unsweetened almond milk made with the NutraMilk
- 2 tbsp. coconut butter or extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 3-4 tbsp. coconut palm syrup or other sweetener
- 4 tbsp. raw cacao powder (or unsweetened cocoa powder)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
For almond milk
- 1 cup (150g) almonds
- 1 quart (946ml) water
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
For almond Milk
- Start by making fresh almond milk with the NutraMilk:
- Place almonds in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 7 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Add water and replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense, open spigot and fill your container with almond milk.
For Nice Cream
- Add all ingredients into the NutraMilk and Mix until smooth. Taste, and add sweetener or more cacao if desired.
- With an ice cream maker: Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker and prepare the ice cream according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Serve straight away or transfer to a freezer-safe container, cover and freeze until ready to be served. Let the ice cream thaw for 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Without an ice cream maker: Pour the ice cream mixture into a freezer-safe bowl and freeze for about three hours, mixing well every 30 minutes during a three-hour period. After three hours, you can scoop into bowls or ice cream cone, serve and enjoy!
*The longer you leave it in the freezer the more solid the consistency will be.