In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Liven up the flavor of hemp milk with this recipe! Hemp milk makes a great alternative milk - it contains all essential amino acids making it comparable to animal protein. One glass of this milk contains 6.6 grams of protein, similar to cow's milk. Want more protein? Add a few more hemp seeds and customize your milk - an easy way of making a high protein milk.
What's even better about hemp seeds is their essential omega-3 fatty acid content which has anti-inflammatory properties. Not to mention, all the vitamin & minerals stored in these seeds. In just one serving you get 18% DV* of thiamin, 10% of niacin, 14% of zinc, 37% of magnesium and 35% of phosphorus. These tiny seeds have big health benefits- such as helping protect your heart, immune system, brain, skin, hair and and really your over all health.
*%DV: Percent Daily Value (DV) references how much a certain nutrient contributes in one serving of food in relation to the daily requirement.
Yield: 1 quart (4 cups / 946 mL)
- 2/3 cup hemp seeds (84 g)
- 1 quart water (946 mL)
- 1½ Tablespoon coconut palm sugar
- 1½ Tablespoon coconut butter
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla bean (or ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract)
- Place hemp seeds, coconut palm sugar, coconut butter, and vanilla in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 2 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid, add water. Replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change this default time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense.
- Press Start and open spigot to fill your storage container.
From 200 DELICIOUS & HEALTHY RECIPES for your NutraMilk from Nuts, Seeds, Grains & More by Rita Rivera