In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Images and recipe by Alphafoodie
This is a super simple how-to for delicious homemade coconut milk, a great dairy-free option using 100% fresh coconut!
*Servings 2-3 cups
- 1 coconut – flesh
- 3 cups of filtered water
- 1 vanilla bean for vanilla flavor (Optional)
- Make 2 or 3 holes and pour out the coconut water.
- To crack it open, simply bash it along the middle line/equator) a few times with a hammer - this will allow you to split the coconut in 2.
- Collect the flesh. I used a special coconut tool to do this, however you can also just use a knife.
- Blend the coconut flesh with the 3 cups of water in the nutramilk processor. Optional here is to add vanilla for flavour.
- Press dispense, press start, and open the spigot to pour into a glass container.
- Keep in the fridge for up to 5-6 days.
- when you place it the fridge, it's possible to see the water separate. that's completely normal as there are no preservatives or emulsifiers. Just shake well before you use it.