In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Images and recipe by Alphafoodie
*Servings 4 cups
1 cup Tiger Nuts
4 cups filtered water
- Start by soaking the tiger nuts for six hours or overnight. They will swell in size ever so slightly and will make them easier to blend into creamy, smooth milk.
- Add the soaked tiger nuts into the Nutramilk processor. Blend the nuts down to rough pieces.
- Add the water and blend again till creamy and smooth. This usually takes between 2-3 minutes.
- Using the NutraMilk processor, allows me to drain the liquid directly into a bottle while keeping the tiger nut pulp leftovers* in the jug.
- When using a regular blender/food processor, after blending the nuts with the water, pour the liquid into a bowl through a nut milk bag. Squeeze the nut milk bag to get all the milky liquid out. Then pour into a bottle.
- You could also use a fine-mesh sieve and press out the leftover tiger nut pulp to drain any liquid.
- Store in a glass bottle in the fridge for 3 days
See full recipe and tips here: https://www.alphafoodie.com/homemade-tiger-nut-milk-horchata-de-chufa/