In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Images and recipe by Alphafoodie
*Prep time 10 minutes
- 1 coconut will use both flesh and water
- 5 cups water
- 1/2 vanilla pod or 1/2 tsp vanilla powder - optional
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or your preferred natural sweetener
- 7 dried butterfly pea flowers
- 1 tsp dried edible lavender optional
- Heat up 1 cup of water and steep the butterfly pea flowers* along with the lavender (which is optional). As it steeps, the water will turn a gorgeous blue color - the longer you steep, the deeper the color.
- Next, open the coconut. First, carefully make 2-3 holes on the coconut to get out the coconut water.
- Then open the coconut shell and collect the flesh (coconut meat).
- If using a vanilla pod, scrape the seeds from half of it (or all of the seeds if you like a very pronounced vanilla flavor). This will help your milk take on a dessert-like flavor and makes for a wonderful treat.
- First, add the coconut flesh to a blender/food processor and blitz to crumbs. Then add the rest of ingredients and blend until smooth. This can take a minute or two to fully blend together for creamy coconut milk. **
- Pour into a glass container of your choice ( or straight into some cups, to serve).
- Enjoy fresh! You can serve your blue milk over ice or even with tapioca pearls or you can keep this milk in the fridge for up to 3 days.
See full recipe and details here: https://www.alphafoodie.com/bantha-milk-coconut-blue-milk/
View this post on Instagram
If you're a fan of the Star Wars movies, then you might recognise this magical looking blue milk - otherwise known as Bantha milk. Using my trusty food processor @thenutramilk @nutramilk_uk, I made a delicious all-natural plant-based coconut milk treat, with butterfly pea flower and lavender flavour. The NutraMilk does everything I need in the kitchen, giving a great consistency to everything I blend in it, and with its special sieve and tap system, I can just pour and enjoy my blue milk right away. Of course, I made it extra fun and special by adding some homemade tapioca pearls. #Spon #TheNutraMilk#nutramilkpartner