In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by the Mushroom Council.
It´s Earth Day and we are celebrating by using earth-friendly ingredients!
According to the Mushroom Council, mushrooms can be considered as “one of the most sustainably produced foods in the United States¨. They require minimal land, water, and energy to grow.
We made this delicious plant-based meal from zucchini, mushrooms, and our homemade pesto using pumpkin seed butter made in the NutraMilk.
This dish is gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, paleo, keto, whole-30, allergy-friendly, and more importable it´s earth-friendly!
For pumpkin seed butter
- 2 cups (236g) raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
For Basil pumpkin seed pesto
- 3 tbsp. pumpkin seed butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 3 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. nutritional yeast (optional- can also substitute with our vegan parmesan)
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 8 oz. white button mushrooms, chopped
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into zoodles
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Fine sea salt to taste
- Making pumpkin butter
- Place pumpkin seeds and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 10-11 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- Add olive oil and any other seasoning you´d like.
- Press Mix cycle (Do not change default time) and start.
- If necessary, set for an additional 2-3 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Leave 3 tbsp. of butter in the container to make pesto and take the rest out and store for later use.
- Place all the rest of the pesto ingredients in the NutraMilk container along with the 3 tbsp. of pumpkin seed butter and mix, until well combined. Set aside.
- Heat the 1tbsp. of olive in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes, just until the being to soften. Add the zoodles and cook 2 to 3 minutes more, just until they begin to become tender.
- Pour in the pesto and cook for 1 more minute to heat all ingredients. Adjust seasoning before serving. Enjoy!