In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
*Cook time 10 minutes
*Total time 20 minutes
- 3 cups pumpkin puree
- 3 cups white beans navy beans, cannellini beans
- 4 cups rolled oats certified GF if necessary
- 1 medium onion or onion powder
- 2 garlic cloves or garlic puree/ powder
- 1.5 Tbsp. Italian seasoning homemade, see post
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika smoked or non-smoked
- lettuce or spinach, rocket, etc.
- pomegranate optional – but delicious!
- Spicy Mayo Sauce: mayonnaise + chili sauce
Step 1: Blend the pumpkin veggie burger patties
Note * If you're making pumpkin puree from scratch then use this method. To make oat flour, add the oats to the Nutramilk food processor and blend them to a fine flour.
Add the rest of the patty ingredients and blend until well incorporated. process the mixture until your preferred consistency is obtained – less for a chunkier texture, more for a smoother mixture.
The burger mix should be slightly sticky but not too wet or dry. If it's a little sticky, add a little more oat flour.
Step 2: Form the patties
- To form the patties you can use a large ice-cream scooper for even-sized burgers, or just shape them by hand. *Chefs note: If you dip your hands in water before shaping the burgers, it can help your hands from getting sticky.
- Have a bowl of oat flour beside you while doing this, to sprinkle both sides of the patties with. These will crisp up while frying.
- If you’re not ready to cook the burgers immediately, then you can place them in the refrigerator, covered, until you’re ready to do so. You can also freeze any that you don’t plan on using immediately (check the "how to store" section below!).
Step 3: Cook The Patties
Heat up some oil (any neutral oil will work; I tend to avoid any strong olive oil if it'll impart too much flavor) and pan-fry the burgers over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side, until lightly brown and crispy.
Step 4: Assemble the burgers
To assemble the burgers, first, prepare the buns. You can leave them raw or make them crispy by either lightly frying in a pan, or broiling (grilling) in the oven.
To prepare the spicy mayo sauce simply mix chili sauce in some mayo. Adjust the amount of chili sauce based on your spice preference. Optionally, add a little lime juice for extra zing.
Assemble with your toppings of choice, a little of the spicy mayo sauce, and enjoy.