In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Recipe from Deliciously Ella.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk Nutritionist Florencia Tagliavini.
- 1 cup almonds (150 g) for almond milk made with the NutraMilk
- 5 quarts water (1.4L) for almond milk made with the NutraMilk
- ½ medium butternut squash, peeled, de-seeded & cut into cubes no larger than 1cm
- olive oil
- 25g dried porcini mushrooms (or any other dried mushroom you can find)
- 400 ml boiling water
- 1 large onion, chopped in to pieces no larger tan 0.5 cm
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped into pieces no larger than 0.5 cm
- 200g of chestnut mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 250g Arborio rice
- 1 mushroom stock cube or 1 tablespoon of vegetable bouillon powder
- 1-2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- ½ cauliflower head, grated
- 600 ml almond milk, plus a little extra if necessary
- salt and pepper
- handful of parsley, roughly chopped, or micro herbs to serve
Instructions for Almond Milk
- Make almond milk with the NutraMilk:
- Place almonds in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 7 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid, add water. Replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time), Start.
- Press Dispense, Start and open spigot to fill your storage container.
- Preheat oven to 350-400C
- Place the butternut squash in a baking tray with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and roast in the oven for 35-40 minutes, until soft.
- Soak the dried mushrooms in the boiling water for 15-20 minutes, until soft, then drain, reserving the soaking liquid.
- Place a deep pan over a medium heat and add about a tablespoon of olive oil. Once the oil is warm, add the onion, garlic, celery and some salt and pepper and cook for 10 minute, until soft.
- Add the chestnut mushroom and rosemary and cook for 2 minutes before adding the rice. Let this mix with the vegetables for 30 seconds or so, before adding the stock cube (or bouillon powder), nutritional yeast, soaked mushrooms and cauliflower. Add about 200ml of the almond milk and 200ml of the reserved mushroom water. Bring to a boil, before reducing to a low-medium heat and leaving it to simmer for 15 minutes, adding the rest of the almond milk and mushroom water slowly, and sitting every few minutes to help make it creamy and ensure it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Once the squash is ready, add it to the risotto and cook further 5-10 minutes, adding more almond milk a splash at a time, if needed, until the rice is cooked through and the risotto is thick and creamy.
- Serve with a sprinkle of parsley or micro herbs.