In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Recipe and photographs by Florencia Tagliavini, the NutraMilk nutritionist.
For cashew milk
- 1 cup (150g) cashews
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
For Jack O´- Lanterns
- 4 bell peppers
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 ½ cup cashew milk made with the NutraMilk
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For cashew Milk
- Start by making fresh cashew milk with the NutraMilk:
- Place cashews in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid, add water and replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense.
- Press Start and open spigot to fill your storage container.
- Preheat the oven to 300˚F.
- Cut the tops off the peppers (keeping the tops to one side) and remove the seeds and any white flesh from inside. Use a small sharp knifer to carve spooky Halloween faces.
- Cook the quinoa according to the package instructions but use cashew milk instead of water.
- Place the cooked quinoa in a large pot over low heat. Add the black beans and diced tomatoes, then season with salt and pepper. Continue to heat, stirring occasionally, until any liquid has evaporated.
- Spoon the mixture into the hollowed-out bell peppers, filling to the top.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the bell peppers are soft but the filling isn’t too dry. This step is optional- you can also use the peppers raw.