In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini
For walnut butter
- 2 cups walnuts
- Pinch salt (optional)
For walnut pesto
- 1/3 cup walnut butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 large bunch fresh basil (~2.5 ounces)
- 1/2 cup packed fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
For pasta salad
- 1 pound dry farfalle pasta
- 1/3 cup of pesto made with the NutraMilk
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 oz bocconcini fresh mozzarella balls, cut in to slices*
- ½ cup black olives (sliced)
- salt and pepper to taste
*If vegan, use vegan cheese, any other ingredients of choice or skip it.
- To make walnut butter:
- Place walnuts in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 5-6 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Leave 1/3 cup in NutraMilk container and take out and store the rest for later use
- To make pesto:
- Add basil, parsley, the rest of the walnuts, parmesan cheese, lemon juice and zest, garlic, salt and pepper to the NutraMilk.
- Press butter for 1 minute or until finely chopped and combined.
- Set aside 1/3 cup or a bit more for recipe and store the rest for later use.
- To make pasta Salad:
- Cook pasta according to package instructions and then let cool.
- In a large bowl combine cold pasta, mozzarella, tomatoes, black olives and pesto.
- Toss well until everything gets coated with pesto. Season with salt and pepper to taste and add any olive oil if you´d like. Enjoy!