In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Images and recipe by Alphafoodie
*Servings 1.5 cups
A delicious two-ingredient homemade pistachio butter recipe!
- 3 cups raw shelled pistachios
- 1/2 tsp salt
- To begin, you need to roast the pistachios in the oven at 165ºC (fan assisted) for 10 minutes, turning them halfway.
- Leave them to cool entirely before the next step.
- Next, you simply blend the pistachios in the Nutramilk processor. The longer you blend them, the runnier in consistency your butter will be.
- Once you've reached your desired consistency ( for me, the smoother the better!) then add the salt to the blender and give a quick blitz to combine thoroughly.
- For a completely smooth pistachio butter, this process can take up to 15 minutes.
- This homemade pistachio butter can then be kept in an airtight glass container in the fridge for a week or can be frozen for up to 3 months.
- It's worth noting that pistachio butter will naturally be a brown-green shade. If you're wanting it to be more vibrant green color then the trick is to remove the pistachio skins. The easiest way to do this is to quickly blanch your pistachios in boiling water for a couple of minutes. Once removed from the water you can then gently rub the nuts and skins will come off easily ( most of them at least!).