In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Prepared and photographed by Florencia Tagliavini, the NutraMilk nutritionist.
Have you ever tried a savory oatmeal bowl? Skip the traditional sweet oatmeal and give it a try. The options of what you can do are endless. Since oats are plain you can pretty much spice and flavor as you want and add ingredients such as beans, fried eggs, spinach, sautéed mushrooms and/or many other veggies. Here a simple recipe to start with. Explore and enjoy!
For oat milk (yields 1 quart /4 cups / 946 mL)
- 1 cup (107g) oats
- 1 quart (946ml) water
- pinch of Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
For oatmeal bowl
- 2 cups oat milk made with the NutraMilk
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1–2 cups kale, stems removed, chopped
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Making Oat Milk
- Start by making fresh oat milk with the NutraMilk:
- Allow oats to soak for 30 minutes to 1 hour before preparing your oat milk.
- Drain oats.
- Place oats and salt in NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for I minute.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid, add the water. Replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change this default time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense and open spigot to fill your storage container.
- In a small saucepan, add oat milk; bring to a boil. Add the oats; reduce heat to simmer. Cook for about 5 minutes. Stir in the turmeric, salt, and pepper to taste. Divide into two bowls.
- While the oats are cooking, heat a little olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add chopped kale and stir; cook until slightly wilted, about 5-7 minutes. Add tomatoes and cook another 5-7 minutes.
- Top oatmeal with kale, tomatoes, 1/4 avocado each, and any other savory toppings you desire. Enjoy!