In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe by Once Upon A Pumpkin.
For almond milk
- 1 cup (150g) almonds
- 1 quart (946ml) water
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 medium-sized banana, mashed
- 3/4 cup almond milk made with the NutraMilk, plus a little more if needed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
For almond Milk
- Start by making fresh almond milk with the NutraMilk:
- Place almonds in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 7 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Add water and replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense, open spigot and fill your container with almond milk.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and spices.
- In a medium bowl, combine pumpkin puree, mashed banana, almond milk, egg, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Batter will be thick (if it is way too thick to spread on a pan add in a tablespoon or two of milk).
- Lightly coat a large nonstick skillet or griddle with coconut oil and heat over medium.
- After a minute or two, drop batter by 1/4-1/3 cup onto skillet (using a measuring cup works well).
- Cook until bubbles appear on top, about 2 minutes.
- Flip cakes and cook until golden brown on underside, 2 minutes.
- Repeat with more oil and remaining batter. Enjoy!