In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Start your day with this delicious plant-based version of eggs benedict. Made with seasoned tofu, fresh veggies and a delicious hollandaise sauce made using fresh almond milk made in the NutraMilk. Enjoy!
For plant-based eggs Benedict
- 2-4 English muffins (gluten-free option)
- 8 oz. firm tofu
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil
- salt and pepper
- 1-2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- a small handful of mixed greens
- 1 small avocado
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- hollandaise sauce, recipe follows
For Hollandaise Sauce
- 2 tbsp. vegan butter
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 cup almond milk other plant milk of choice made with the NutraMilk
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- salt/pepper to taste
For almond milk
- 1 cup (150g) almonds
- 1 quart (946ml) water
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Start by making fresh almond milk with the NutraMilk:
- Place almonds in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 7 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Add water and replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense, open spigot and fill your container with almond milk.
- To make your hollandaise sauce:
- Start by melting your vegan butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the flour and whisk for 1 minute until slightly golden, then slowly whisk in your plant milk so it doesn't clump.
- Cook for 2-4 minutes, whisking constantly until it thickens.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook 3 minutes longer, whisking constantly.
- Sauce will thicken as it sits, you can always add a little bit more plant milk at any time to make it more pourable!
- Next, make the tofu:
- In a cast-iron skillet, heat avocado oil over medium heat. Slice tofu ½ inch thick and sprinkle each side with nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper. Place tofu in a pan with hot oil and pan-fry on each side for about 4-5 minutes, until browned. Remove from heat.
- Slice the English muffin in half and toast. Top each muffin small amount of mixed greens and one tomato slice. Place pan-fried tofu atop each tomato and smother with Hollandaise Sauce. Finish with sliced avocado and serve immediately.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.