In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
One of my favorite granolas! A combination of nourishing ingredients that come together thanks to the fresh cashew butter made with the NutraMilk into a sweet crunchy granola, perfect for breakfast or a snack!
To check out the health benefits of cashews click here.
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (or gluten-free oats)
- ⅓ cup cashew butter made with the NutraMilk
- ¼ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup cashews
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup cranberries
- ¼ cup coconut flakes
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted (optional)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
For cashew butter
- 2 cups (300g) cashews
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Making cashew butter
- Place cashews and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 5-6 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, nuts & seeds, coconut flakes, cranberries, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, combine cashew butter, maple syrup, coconut oil (if using) until smooth, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over the oats mixture and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist.
- Spread mixture in an even layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Place into oven and bake for 35 minutes until golden brown, stirring the mixture halfway through baking.
- Let cool completely without stirring, about 45 minutes, before serving or storing in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. Enjoy!