In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Oatmeal can take on so many different flavors thanks to the different plant-based milks we can use and toppings we choose. For this recipe, we have used fresh hazelnut almond milk which makes this oatmeal extra creamy and gives it a delicious distinct flavor. Topped with caramelized cinnamon banana, dates, yogurt and fresh peanut butter made in the NutraMilk. Yummy!
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup hazelnut almond milk made with the NutraMilk
- 3 bananas, sliced into rounds
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- dash of vanilla
- sea salt, chocolate chips, peanut butter, yogurt and other desired toppings
For hazelnut almond milk
- 1/2 cup (75 g) almonds
- ½ cup (65 g) hazelnuts
- 1 quart (946ml) water
- 1/8 tsp. Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Start by making fresh hazelnut almond milk with the NutraMilk:
- Place hazelnuts, almonds in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 8 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Add water and replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense, open spigot and fill your container with hazelnut almond milk.
- Cook the oatmeal according to package directions. For extra unique creamy oatmeal, cook it in this delicious hazelnut almond milk!
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the maple syrup, cinnamon, and vanilla, and let it bubble around for a little bit to get incorporated. It should be lightly foamy and bubbly.
- Add bananas and simmer for a few minutes on each side until soft and plump.
- Remove from heat. Stir half of bananas into oatmeal, and reserve the other half for topping. Add desired toppings! We used fresh peanut butter made with the NutraMilk, yogurt and chopped dates. Delicious!
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Pinch of Yum.