In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
I had never heard of arugula/rocket soup. When I saw the recipe - I had to try it and ended up loving it. The arugula give is a delicious this soup a unique flavor and freshness which makes a perfect spring soup. Made with a homemade dairy-free cream made in the NutraMilk which adds extra creaminess. Enjoy!
- 1 small leek
- 3 shallots
- 2 medium potato
- 4 cups arugula/rocket
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- ⅓ cup non-dairy cream made with the NutraMilk
- 1 tbsp. mustard (normal or Dijon)
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
For non-dairy cream
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole raw cashews
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
Optional: Refreshing cucumber drizzle:
- ¼ cucumber
- ½ tsp sugar
- 3 tbsp. pine nuts
- 1 pinch salt
- Start by making cashew cream in the NutraMilk:
- Add cashews to the NutraMilk and process for about 3-4 minutes until you get a butter consistency.
- Add the water, lemon juice, salt, and vinegar, and process until very smooth and creamy. Taste and add any spices you wish. Set non-dairy cream aside.
- Slice the leek and shallots thinly. Sautee slowly on a low-medium heat for 5 minutes in a large saucepan, don’t let them burn.
- Chop the potato into small pieces and add. Stir for a few minutes and then add broth. Simmer for 12-15 minutes, until the potato is soft. Turn off stove, let cool.
- Add potato and veggies to the NutraMilk and mix until creamy.
- Add the vegan cream, rocket/arugula, mustard, pepper, nutmeg and salt. Process once more until all is well combined and smooth. You can also leave a few lumps for texture.
- While the soup is cooking, slice the cucumber very thinly. Put in a bowl and mix with the sugar and some salt. Fry the pine nuts (without oil) and put aside.
- If you would like croutons, slice the bread into squares and fry in olive oil on a medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Add some pressed/crushed garlic and fry for another thirty seconds. Done!
- When serving, garnish with a little cucumber mix and pine nuts. Add croutons if using or serve with bread of choice or crackers on side. Enjoy!
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Hurry The Food Up.