In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Trail mix with a twist! All same ingredients (you choose the ones you like best) but here we have mixed all these yummy ingredients in creamy peanut butter made in the NutraMilk and shaped it so you can cut it and take it anywhere for a quick bite. It makes a great snack for the outdoors. It´s moist, creamy, crunchy and full of nutrients that will give you the energy you need!
For trail mix slices
- 2-1/2 cups almonds
- ½ cup peanut butter or other nut butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup (monk fruit sweetener for keto)
- 1-1/4 cups finely chopped dried cherries or dried cranberries
- 1 cup mixed nuts, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup M&M's minis or similar candies (optional)
For peanut butter
- 2 cups (275g) peanuts (untoasted, unsalted)
- pinch salt (optional)
- Start by making the peanut butter
- Place peanuts in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 2-3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Set ½ cup aside for recipes and save the rest for later use.
- Place almonds in the NutraMilk; process until finely ground.
- In a bowl add all trail mix ingredients and mix until combined.
- Divide mixture in half; shape each into an 8-in. long roll. Wrap tightly in plastic; freeze 1 hour or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut rolls into 1/2-in. slices. Store between pieces of waxed paper in airtight containers.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.