In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Attention peanut butter lovers! These melt-in-your-mouth chips are to die for and super simple to make. Made with fresh creamy peanut butter created in the NutraMilk. Add your sweetener of choice (optional) and have this sweet treat to satisfy your sweet tooth or peanut butter crave anytime. Full of healthy nutrients from the fresh peanut butter. These make a great snack for babies and of course kids and adults alike. Add these to your granola, yogurt, or trail mix or just enjoy on their own.
For peanut butter chips
- 1 cup creamy natural peanut butter made with the NutraMilk
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. powdered sugar (skip in keto/paleo)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. agave nectar, maple syrup (or honey if not vegan or monk fruit sweetener for keto)*optional
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
For peanut butter
- 2 cups (275g) peanuts (untoasted, unsalted)
- pinch salt (optional)
- Start by making the peanut butter
- Place peanuts in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 2-3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a rectangular baking pan (as original recipe is written // adjust if altering batch size). Set aside.
- To the NutraMilk along with the peanut butter add the rest of the ingredients and process until smooth.
- Pour mixture onto parchment-lined baking sheet and spread with a spatula or spoon until uniformly thin. You don’t want it too thick in any one area, so try your best to make sure it’s even.
- Pop in the freezer until very firm – at least 30 minutes, but up to overnight or 4-6 hours. The longer it sets, the easier it will be to cut up and break apart.
- Once firm, use a knife or pizza cutter to break it into chips. Loosen with a spoon or spatula to help break apart once cut.
- At this point, especially if your kitchen is warm, the chips will start to soften. These chips need to stay in the freezer!
- Take chips out when you will snack on them or add to a recipe batter, granola, trail mix, etc.
*They will bake as regular baking chips do flavor wise, but because they contain no additives or preservatives to help them keep their shape during baking, they will melt a bit more than store bought. But because these are much more wholesome and natural, I much prefer them to store bought.
*Transfer chips to a freezer safe Tupperware container or bag and store in the freezer until ready for use. When adding to a recipe, keep in the freezer until adding to your batter. And if you batter is too warm (if it’s been heated or cooked in some way) it will melt the chips. So be sure to add the chips to a room temp, preferably chilled dough.
*Will keep in the freezer for 1 month or more. Yields ~2 cups chips
*For keto diet: Use appropriate sweetener such as monk fruit sweetener.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Minimalist Baker.