In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
This creamy aioli is great as a sandwich or appetizer spread, as veggie dip or as an aioli side sauce for main dishes. No oil used for this tasty aioli! The sunflower seeds provide a rich source of vitamin E, B vitamins, selenium and loads of antioxidants; cashews provide sweetness to balance out the strong flavor of the sunflower seeds and contribute a high amount of zinc and copper as well magnesium, iron and other nourishing nutrients. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup fresh water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp sea salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Handful of finely chopped fresh herbs, such as dill
- Cucumber, sliced
- Lemon zest
- Add sunflower seeds and cashews to the NutraMilk and process until you get a creamy butter consistency.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process until you reach desired consistency. Add water slowly until to get your desired consistency, and add any additional salt or lemon juice to get the balance of flavor in your sweet spot.
- If using any fresh herbs, finely chop and stir them through after blending.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge and use within 1 week.
- Add 1-2 tbsp. to your toast top with sliced cucumber, dill and lemon zest. Enjoy!
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.