In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
It´s the beginning of December and there is peppermint everywhere.
We are adhering to the peppermint craze. Try out this simple peppermint dip to eat with fruits or cookies as snack or dessert! With a coconut yogurt base, we added cashew butter to add protein and loads of nourishing nutrients as well as a touch of natural sweetness and creaminess and of course peppermint extract and peppermint candies. Enjoy!
- 1 ½ cups coconut yogurt
- ¼ cup nut butter of choice made in the NutraMilk (I used cashew butter)
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 tbsp. crushed candy canes
- 1 tbsp. chocolate chips
For cashew butter
- 2 cups (300g) cashews
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Start by making cashew butter
- Place cashews and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 5-6 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Leave ¼ cup fore recipe and store the rest for later use.
- Combine yogurt, cashew butter and peppermint extract together and mix in the NutraMilk or with a hand blender.
- Add crushed candy canes and mix
- Top with crushed candy canes and chocolate chips.
- Serve with fresh fruits and or cookies. Enjoy!
Notes: For paleo recipe: skip the candy, make sure the the yogurt and chocolate are paleo approved.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.