In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
This is the ultimate plant-based 7 layer dip recipe! Made with homemade ingredients that make a difference in flavor and texture. So yummy! It makes a perfect appetizer or party treat- specially for Cinco De Mayo around the corner. Enjoy!
For 7 layer dip
- 1 cup black bean dip made with the NutraMilk (click on link for recipe)
- 1 cup plant-based (cashew) cheese made with the NutraMilk (click on link for recipe)
- 1 cup salsa of choice
- 1 cup avocado mash (recipe below)
- ½ cup tomatoes, diced
- 2 medium jalapeno peppers, deseeded & diced
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, shredded
- for topping: thinly sliced green onions(red onions, finely chopped cilantro, black olives)
- for serving, as desired: tortilla chips, veggies, etc.
For avocado mash
- 3 large hass avocados, pitted
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- optional: 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Prep each of the layers and set aside.
- Click on the links for the black bean dip recipe to see instructions.
- And the cashew cheese recipe to see instructions.
- For avocado mash: Add all listed ingredients to a medium bowl. Using a wooden spoon, potato masher, or fork, mash to combine. Mash as chunky or as smooth as you like. Set aside.
- Assemble dip: Layer each “ingredient” across a medium-sized glass dish, in the order you see in photo. Use a spatula to spread out each layer evenly.
- Serve with chips, fresh veggies, or as desired. Store leftovers in the fridge for up to one week. Enjoy!
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.