In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
This black bean dip comes together quickly with the NutraMilk. Our secret ingredient in this recipe is fresh cashew butter which adds a hint of natural sweetness & creaminess. It’s is so flavorful and good for you too!
No party is complete without a tasty dip! Give it a try!
- 1 15-ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed (reserve 1/4 cup black bean liquid)
- ¼ cup cashew butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp. lime or lemon juice
- ½ Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped + extra for garnish
- yogurt or sour cream for topping, optional
For cashew butter
- 2 cups (300g) cashews
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Making cashew butter
- Place cashews and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 5-6 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Leave ¼ cup in the NutraMilk for recipe and store the rest for later use.
- Add oil to a skillet over medium heat. Once hot add onion and garlic and cook, tossing frequently so the garlic doesn’t burn. After about 5 minutes add in the spices (cumin, chili powder, sea salt and cayenne pepper). Toss to combine and continue cooking another 5 minutes. Add a tablespoon of water if the pan starts to dry out. After about 10 minutes of cooking total, remove from heat.
- Place garlic and onion mixture, black beans, reserved black bean liquid, tomato paste, lime juice, apple cider vinegar and fresh cilantro into the NutraMilk along with the cashew butter.
- Process until smooth. Taste and add additional spices, if needed. More salt or perhaps more cayenne pepper if you want the dip to be spicier.
- Transfer the dip to a bowl, garnish with extra cilantro and sour cream, if using.
- Store in the fridge until ready to serve. Leftover can be stored in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Eating Bird Food.