In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Appetizer platters are a must for any gathering. The key is in the dips! This white bean & cashew dip is absolutely mouthwatering! Arrange your favorite veggies, crackers, cheese, fruit and any other ingredients you like along with this delicious dip and our roasted carrot hummus for a perfect party dish. Happy Holidays!
- 1/4 cup cashew butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans
- 3/4 cup minced shallot
- 5 Tbsp. olive oil (DIVIDED)
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp each sea salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (~2 medium lemons)
- paprika and olive oil for topping.
For appetizer platter
- Roasted carrot hummus (made with the NutraMilk)
- Cherry tomatoes
- Green and black olives
- Cheese of choice
- Raw carrots
- Mixed nuts
For cashew butter
- 2 cups (300g) cashews
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Making cashew butter
- Place cashews and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 5-6 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, warm 2 tablespoons (30 ml // adjust if altering number of servings) of olive oil. Once hot, add the garlic and shallot, sautéing until softened and translucent — about 3 minutes. Lower heat to medium-low and add the cannellini beans and the salt and pepper. Mix well to combine and heat for 3-5 minutes or until the beans are warmed through.
- To the NutraMilk, add the bean mixture, cashew butter, lemon juice and remaining tablespoons of olive oil. Blend for about 1 minute, scraping down the sides as needed. Process until the mixture is creamy and smooth. Add water if necessary to reach desired consistency.
- Enjoy warm or chill before serving. It’s delicious in bowls, as a spread on sandwiches, or as a dip with fresh veggies, crackers, pita bread, flatbread (or gluten-free flatbread), or naan (or gluten-free naan).
- Leftovers keep covered in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days. Not freezer friendly.
- For party platter: Arrange veggies and other ingredients you like on platter and serve with one or 2 dips. Also try the roasted carrot hummus featured here.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Minimalist Baker.