In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
I love this festive idea for a Halloween food table!
We created a delicious tahini-free hummus, substituting cashew butter made in the NutraMilk for tahini, because for some, tahini has that touch of bitterness that not everybody loves and cashew has a wonderful nutty and slightly sweet flavor that is perfect for hummus. Enjoy!
For Tahini-free hummus dip
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup cashew butter made with the NutraMilk
- 2 tbsp. water
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, more for topping
- Salt, to taste
- mini bell peppers (multi-colored)
- cherry tomatoes
- black olives
For cashew butter
- 2 cups (300g) cashews
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Making cashew butter
- Add chickpeas, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice,water, olive oil, salt along wth cashew butter in the NutraMilk. Process until smooth.
- Taste and add more salt if needed. If hummus is not smooth enough you can drizzle in some olive oil or lemon juice and blend until desired consistency is reached.
- Assemble platter:
- Create a skull shape from the hummus onto a platter.
- Using the chopped veggies, colorfully decorate your Dia de los Muertos skull however you’d like.
- Serve with fresh veggies and tortilla chips for dipping.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Fork & Beans.