In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
This simple gluten-free, plant-based recipe for pumpkin coffee cake is not just delicious with your favorite coffee but perfect for all occasions, specially when autumn comes around, pumpkins are everywhere, and warming spices are popular. This cake is fluffy, moist and full of flavor. Made with whole ingredients, including fresh almond butter created in the NutraMilk.
- 3 ½ tbsp. gluten-free oat flour
- 3 ½ tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup 100% pure pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup almond butter made with the NutraMilk
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp. ground flaxseed + 3 tbsp. water, whisk together, set for 15 min)
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten-free oat flour
- ½ cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For almond butter
- 2 cups (300g) almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Start by making almond butter if you don´t have a batch made.
- Place almond and salt in the NutraMilk container
- Press Butter cycle, set for 12-13 minutes
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- Make the streusel: Add Streusel ingredients to a small bowl. Using a fork, stir and fold until well incorporated. Set aside.
- Make the pumpkin cake: Add all the wet ingredients to a large bowl: pumpkin, almond butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup, flax egg and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients: oat flour, almond meal, baking soda, baking powder, spices and salt. Whisk together until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain. Batter will be very thick—do not add any additional liquids.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared pan. Using a rubber spatula, spread into an even layer. Sprinkle streusel over pumpkin batter.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes. Mine took 35 minutes. Test for doneness by sticking a toothpick into the center of the cake. The toothpick will come out clean when the cake is done.
- Allow to cool in pan placed on a cooling rack for about 30 minutes. Pinch parchment paper and lift cake out of pan and transfer directly to cooling rack to cool completely, about 1-3 hours. Slice and enjoy!
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Beaming Baker.