In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Another simple and quick to make plant-based dessert that is great for any occasion. We used fresh almond milk created in the NutraMilk to give it a nutty flavor which goes along great with cacao and vanilla. Enjoy!
- 4 cups simple almond milk made with the NutraMilk
- 8 tbsp. cornstarch
- 6 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp. cacao powder
For almond milk
- 1 cup (150g) almonds
- 1 quart (946ml) water
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Start by making fresh almond milk with the NutraMilk:
- Place almonds in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 7 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Add water and replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense, open spigot and fill your container with almond milk.
- In a saucepan off of the heat, whisk together the milk, cornstarch and sugar until well combined.
- Set the saucepan over low heat and bring to a simmer while whisking continuously. Let boil gently for at least 1 minute to cook the starch.
- Keep stirring fast and vigorously to avoid any lumps. Stop when you reach your desired consistency.
- Take out half of the custard and set aside.
- To the other half that is in the saucepan add cacao powder and mix until well incorporated. Take off stove.
- Place custard in layers as you wish and let cool at room temperature. Whisk occasionally to prevent the formation of skin on the surface. If you want to cool it down faster, you can submerge the pan in cold water while whisking until the custard is cold. Enjoy!
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by One Green Planet.