In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Cucumber Gazpacho or cold cucumber soup is delicious and refreshing as the weather starts to warm up. This simple soup is made with natural, fresh nutritious ingredients and can be enjoyed in many diets (vegan, paleo, keto, whole 30). Enjoy!
- 1/3 of a jalapeno, sliced (optional)
- 1 tbsp. shallot, plus more for garnish (or sub 1 green onion)
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 large English cucumber (12 ounces)
- 1/4– 1/2 cup cilantro (or sub fresh dill, Italian parsley or even basil)
- 1–2 tablespoons lime juice (or lemon)
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt or plant-based plain yogurt of choice
- 1/4 cup sour cream (omit if vegan or on paleo diet)
- 1-2 cups almond milk made with the NutraMilk
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper or white pepper
- 1 tsp. coriander
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Diced avocado
- Diced cucumber
- 1 –2 tablespoons shallots- very finely diced
- 2 scallions ( or chives) – thinly sliced at a diagonal
- Cilantro, finely chopped
- Lime zest
- Microgreens or edible flowers (coriander flowers, borage, nasturtiums)
- Swirl of yogurt or 3 tablespoons sour cream, thinned with 1 tablespoon water
For almond milk
- 1 cup (150g) almonds
- 1 quart (946ml) water
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Start by making fresh almond milk with the NutraMilk:
- Place almonds in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 7 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Add water and replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense, open spigot and fill your container with almond milk. Set aside.
- Place all ingredients, except sour cream in the NutraMilk and process until smooth. Add more or less almond milk depending on the consistency you desire. Filter, dispense soup from the NutraMilk and refrigerate until serving. You can make this a day ahead. Taste and adjust salt, spice level, and acid to your liking.
- Prep any garnishes you are using, finely dicing cucumber and shallot, slicing scallions, etc.
- Mix sour cream and water in a small bowl (optional).
- To serve: divide chilled soup among bowls and garnish beautifully.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Feasting at Home.