In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Have you thought about making your own healthy treats for your furry friends?
We have many yummy recipes your dogs will love! Here is a good one made with fresh creamy cashew butter created in the NutraMilk. Remember to use roasted cashews (see notes). Enjoy!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup sweet potato, cooked
- 1/4 cup cashew butter made with the NutraMilk (not RAW cashew butter)*
- 2 tbsp. plant-based milk of choice (if needed)
For coating treats
- Additional 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
For cashew butter
- 2 cups (300g) cashews, roasted**
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Making cashew butter
- Place cashews and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 5-6 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Leave ¼ cup cashew butter in the NutraMilk and store the rest for later use.
- Add the rest of the treat ingredients along with ¼ cup cashew butter to the NutraMilk and process until all well combined.
- Transfer dough to bowl. If the dough is too dry to hold together add the plant-based milk and mix with wooden spoon.
- Divide up dough and form into round balls approx. 1" in diameter
- On a wide, shallow bowl or plate, mix the remaining 1/3 cup of oats with the chia seeds.
- Roll each dog treat ball in oat/chia seed mix until coated.
- Place treats on tray or serving platter and refrigerate for approx. one hour.
- Treat your dog!
**These delicious little no-bake bites benefit from the smooth, creaminess of cashew butter. But not all cashew butters are created equal.
Never use raw cashew butter in anything you make to give to your dog! Raw cashews can contain toxins which are dangerous to your dog, so it's important to only buy cashew butter which is made with roasted or cooked cashews.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Wiggle Worthy.