In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
This makes for a hearty, 100% plant-based lunch.
These delicious ¨meatballs¨ are great to make and freeze to have on hand for several meals. They are super tasty and very healthy, made with just a few whole ingredients. Choose your favorite nut or seed butter to help these hold together and for added flavor and nutrients. For the plant-based version of this classic sandwich, we combined these veggie balls with marinara sauce and plant-based cashew cheese, yum!
- 1 cup lentils, cooked
- 1 cup short grain Brown rice, cooked
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 3 tbsp. sunflower, sesame or any nut butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1/3 cup gluten free bread crumbs
- 2 tsp. Soy sauce
- 3 Italian sub rolls or one large baguette (GF option if you like)
- 2 cups of your favorite marinara
- 1/3 cup vegan cheese made with the NutraMilk
- ¼ cup parsley chopped
- Make seed nut butter of choice if you don’t have one made. I use whatever I have made on hand. It helps bind the ¨meatballs¨ together and adds flavor and healthy nutrients.
- Make plant-based cheese if you don’t have a batch made. I had a batch of these cheese, frozen which is always great to do so you can unfreeze and use anytime.
- We have several recipes online, here are a few:
- Prepare ingredients:
- Cook lentils and rice according to package instructions
- Saute onion until translucent.
- Make flax egg. Let ground flaxseed soak in water for a few minutes.
- Add all ¨meatball¨ ingredients to the NutraMilk, except for bread crumbs and process until well combined.
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper,
- Form about vegan meatballs with hands and you can optionally roll them into breadcrumbs.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Serve the vegan meatballs on Italian sub rolls or baguette and top them with your favorite marinara, vegan cheese and sprinkle with parsley. Enjoy!
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.