In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Carrot & zucchini zoodles tossed in a creamy, savory and slightly spicy peanut sauce. These zoodles replace traditional pasta in this typical Thai dish for a lower calorie meal with many more nutrients. By ditching the pasta and substituting for veggies you´ll be getting a lot of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that your body needs, loads of fiber that will keep you satisfied till your next meal and also keep your digestive tract healthy plus all the nourishing goodies that peanut butter provides.
For peanut sauce
- ⅓ cup peanut butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. ginger finely grated
- 1 clove garlic finely grated
- 1 tsp. Sriracha
- water as needed to adjust consistency
For vegetables and zoodles
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large carrot spiralized or thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- ½ large red bell pepper thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- ¼ pound purple cabbage thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 zucchini spiralized (3-4 cups)
For peanut butter
- 2 cups (275g) peanuts (untoasted, unsalted)
- pinch salt (optional)
Start by making the peanut butter
- Place peanuts in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 2-3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar, maple syrup, ginger, garlic, and cayenne until well-combined.
- Slowly add small amounts of water and continue whisking until sauce reaches desired consistency. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium-high heat.
- Add green onion (white part only), carrot, bell pepper, and cabbage; sauté a few minutes until tender.
- Add spiralized zucchini; sauté about 2 minutes until zoodles start to soften. Turn off the heat.
- Gently fold in peanut sauce in small amounts as desired for consistency.
- Serve warm or chilled garnished with green onion tops, crushed peanuts, cilantro, and lime.
- To store, refrigerate in an airtight container up to 2 days.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Kitchen Girl.