In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Nutrition Brewed.
For watermelon seed butter
- 2 cups (224g) watermelon seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
For snack bars
- 1 cup rolled oats or steel-cut
- 1/2 cup watermelon seed butter made with The NutraMilk
- 1/2 cup whole milled ground flax seeds
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup no sugar added, craisins
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- Making watermelon seed butter
- Place watermelon seeds and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 5-6 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Leave 1/2 cup of watermelon seed butter and take out the rest to store for later use.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the NutraMilk container and process until all combined.
- Line an 8 x 8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Transfer the snack bar mixture into a pan lined with parchment paper. Using a spatula, press down firmly to flatten and compact tightly.
- Let it sit in the fridge for 30 minutes before slicing.
- Stack the granola bars in between pieces of parchment paper and enjoy all week!
- Freeze if you're not going to go through them in 7-10 days.