In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
These are the perfect first cookies to introduce to baby. They are soft so no need for teeth to enjoy these yummy cookies, they are naturally sweet but they are sugar free and they are nutritious: good source of fiber, plant-based iron, plant-protein and loads of minerals such as potassium.
They make a great finger food and ideal recipe if you are doing Baby Led Weaning. Enjoy!
- 1 19 oz can no salt added chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1/3 cup plant-based milk of choice made with the NutraMilk
- 2 large ripe bananas
- ¾ cup oat flour gluten free if desired (You can process rolled oats in the NutraMilk to get flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened finely shredded coconut
For peanut butter
- 2 cups (275g) peanuts (untoasted, unsalted)
- pinch salt (optional)
- Start by making the peanut butter
- Place peanuts in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 2-3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Set aside.
- Process rolled oats in the NutraMilk if you want to easily make your own oat flour.
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line two baking sheets with a silpat or parchment paper.
- In the NutraMilk , process the chickpeas, peanut butter, plant-based milk, banana, flour, baking powder, soda, vanilla, and cinnamon until very smooth.
- Using wet hands, roll one tablespoon balls in your hand and place on the baking sheet an inch apart. Lightly press down just slightly.
- Sprinkle with a bit extra cinnamon and top with coconut. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until slightly golden brown. Allow to fully cool.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Abbeys Kithen.