This fresh summer salad makes a great light dessert for any grilling event or picnic. Made with fruit you have on hand or seasonal summer fruit with a delicious creamy cashew sauce made in the NutraMilk. This recipe is plant-based, paleo, whole-30 friendly. Enjoy!
For fruit salad
- Medium peaches or mango pitted and sliced
- 2 medium white nectarines pitted and sliced
- 2 kiwis
- 16 oz. strawberries hulled and sliced
- 6 oz. blueberries
- 1 medium banana sliced
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. mint chopped finely
For cashew cream
- 1 cup raw cashews unsalted
- 6 dates pitted or sweetener of choice (maple syrup, honey, etc.)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Start by making cashew cream:
- Add cashews to the NutraMilk and process for about 5-6 minutes, until you get a creamy butter consistency.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and process until smooth. Start by adding 1/4 cup water and add more progressively until you reach desired consistency.
- Combine sliced fruit and mint in medium bowl. Drizzle lemon juice. Gently toss until fruit is well-coated.
- Serve with cashew cream on the side. You can also drizzle cream on top of fruit, enjoy!
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.