In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
I love this recipe idea! Easy, no bake, healthy cookies prepared quickly with just a few ingredients including fresh homemade peanut butter made in the NutraMilk - Perfect to serve on Easter! Enjoy!
- ½ cup peanut butter made with the NutraMilk
- ¼ cup maple syrup, honey, or liquid sweetener of choice
- ¼ to ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 cup quick cooking oats (gluten-free if you´d like)
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
For peanut butter
- 2 cups (275g) peanuts (untoasted, unsalted)
pinch salt (optional)
- Start by making the peanut butter
- Place peanuts in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 2-3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter. Set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Set aside.
- Combine peanut butter, honey salt and coconut oil in a saucepan and heat until combined.
- Add vanilla and cocoa powder. Stir until well combined.
- Add quick-cooking oats and mix well.
- Add coconut and stir until completely combined.
- Drop about 2 tablespoon portions of mixture onto your prepared baking sheet. Press into the shape of nests. Continue until you’ve used all your cookie mixture.
- Let cool in the refrigerator or freezer until hardened. Top with your favorite candy eggs.
- Serve cool or at room temperature. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
You can make these sugar free by switching maple syrup for a zero calorie liquid sweetener such a as Monk Fruit Syrup.
You can also skip the coconut oil if you prefer, add ¼ cup of peanut butter instead and bake these cookies in the over for about 15 minutes (the oil makes the cookies harden a bit once cooled so instead you can bake them).
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Joy Food Sunshine.